*Purchase includes free 3-day shipping
**Firmware upgrade can also be performed at no additional cost!
Read our press release:
TVS Pro Introduces New Upgraded UHZ65 4K Laser Projector With Wide Color Gamut
I am tickled by current performance
The image color and contrast were excellent. The HDR picture without a doubt is better than before. There is a vibrancy to the picture and contrast improvement that is very satisfactory. Reds are particularly vibrant to me. Videos that are not HDR are better calibrated as well though I didn't spend much time there. In essence, what Ted Bollinger states in the YouTube video is my experience. I have not noticed a loss of image brightness but then again, my theater room is very dark....all I can say is wow... Out of the park home run...The demo video on YouTube doesn't really give it justice as compared to actual viewing of the projector in your own environment.
I have watched a few movies in 4K/ HDR format and have been blown away with the color pop!
I am very happy with the picture quality of UHD 4K format as well as the HDX upscaling . Colors are amazing and have a beautiful pop. They are very close to my LG C7 OLED 65" which I am using in reference to [the upgraded] UHZ65. Blacks are good for this price point and I can say this is very good for a DLP projector. Overall, I give this projector a high rate for color, picture quality and the fact that it is maintenance free. I was just little bit afraid about "Rainbow effect" but with this unit it is very minimal.
The colors and brightness - I'm very pleased!
It makes my Panasonic plasma look very dull. Also, I'm very impressed with watching regular Blu-ray discs - looks very good!
See the comparison on YouTube:
Utilizing a newly developed PureChrome cinema filter and optical modifications, the Upgraded UHZ65 reaches new heights of color and black level performance. The laser light engine provides outstanding brightness and stable color over long periods of time and without the usual drop off of light output like conventional lamp-based projectors.
- Available as a new modified projector, or as a retro modification to existing UHZ65 projectors.
- Vastly improved wide color gamut, up to 80% of BT2020 for dramatically vibrant images.
- Each projector is re-calibrated with settings for REC 709, DCI-P3 Cinema, and BT2020 for HDR.
- Improved black level performance for deeper low level blacks and more dramatic contrast.
- Improved color sharpness and reduced chromatic aberrations through the lens.
- Native 4K UHD 3840 X 2160 pixels delivered to the screen for fine details and excellent sharpness.
- Improved HDR performance.
- Electronic presets and image processing to support widescreen 2.4:1 aspect with or without an extra lens.
- Switchable PureMotion technology eliminates noise and motion blur for sports and live action content.
- HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 deliver a full 18Gbps for the best 4K UHD video bandwidth and image quality.
Currently, with our Optoma contract, we are not authorized to sell or ship projectors outside of the US - even though Optoma representatives from around the world are aware of our modification.
Unfortunately, we are only authorized by Optoma USA to perform these modifications. If we were to do these modifications on one purchased outside of the US, we cannot, at this time, guarantee that the projector would still be covered under warranty.
We understand there is international demand, and we are, however, trying to resolve this.
As mentioned above, we are only authorized by Optoma USA to perform these modifications on projectors bought from Optoma USA. If these modifications were performed on a projector purchased outside of the US, we cannot, at this time, guarantee that the projector would still be covered under warranty.
Although Optoma USA has approved this modification they will not make them, nor will the international divisions make them either.
In addition, it is not just a simple custom-made filter installation that we've had made for the projector. There are additional optical modifications that have to be done to each projector by a highly skilled technician. On top of that, custom calibration has to be done to effectively to reach 80% BT2020. Each projector takes over 5 hours to modify; it's very time consuming. It is not something that can easily and quickly be done.