Powered by a 1/2.3 inch 12-megapixel sensor with up to four-times zoom, including a two-times optical zoom (24mm – 48mm), 4 the Mavic 2 Zoom is all about dynamic perspectives. Capture everything from wide angle to mid-range shots for even more creative options.
More Expressive Mid-Range Shots
Compared to a 24mm wide angle lens, the 48mm telephoto lens compresses your perspective, enhancing the parallax effect for a classic cinematic look. Now a whole new world of aerial photography is open to explore with even more epic, cinematic shots.
A Worry-Free and Convenient Way to Find a View
When shooting Full HD video, 4 × Lossless Zoom (including 2 × optical zoom) gives you a closer view of far-away subjects, making unique scenes more accessible to capture at a distance, helping you maintain an even safer distance from buildings, vehicles, animals, and people.
Quick and Accurate Focus
Hybrid auto-focus on the Mavic 2 Zoom combines phase and contrast detection for higher focus accuracy with an increased focus speed of up to 40% than before. The auto-focus-tracking system makes subjects appear clear and sharp when zooming in and out.
Zoom During Flight
Dolly Zoom12 is a new QuickShot for the Mavic 2 Zoom, offering an otherworldly perspective in a fully-integrated drone. Dolly Zoom automatically adjusts focus when flying, adding an intense, warping visual effect to your video. When flying manually, you can also set proper focus speed values for even more creative shot options.
48-Megapixel Super Resolution
Photos The Mavic 2 Zoom also has a brand new Super Resolution feature. When taking a picture with a 24 mm equivalent field-of-view, the camera will capture and patch nine photos with its telephoto lens, resulting in a 48-megapixel super resolution photo – an asset when capturing the vivid details your landscape photography deserves. Compared to ordinary panoramas, super-resolution photos retain the original look of your subject but with more accurate composition.
Say goodbye to complicated post-processing. With Hyperlapse, the aircraft shoots stable aerial shots and processes them automatically, enabling you to create professional-looking timelapses with a simple tap of a button, which you can share to social media immediately. Save a flight path in Task Library to fly the Mavic 2 through the path whenever you feel like it. JPEG and RAW photos can be simultaneously saved on a Micro SD card or the internal storage, leaving more room for post editing.
The Mavic 2 also supports enhanced HDR photos, an improved technique that blends a sequence of photos for ghost-free high dynamic range, offering increased image clarity while avoiding unwanted artificial effects.
Brighten up your world with HyperLight, a low-light setting designed to enhance your images while reducing noise significantly.
H.265 Codec for Higher Image Quality
Records 4K video at higher bitrates with advanced H.265 compression8. Videos in H.265/HEVC codec maintain 50% more information than videos in H.264/AVC, creating high-quality videos with more preserved details.
Soar Above and See More Clearly
The all-new OcuSync 2.0 provides a 1080p video transmission signal up to an astonishing 8 kilometers away, allowing you to fly further without constraints. Edit and upload Full High Definition (FHD) resolution footage directly to social media from the cache. Original images shot during flight can be automatically saved to your mobile device without the need to download it from the aircraft manually.
2.4/5.8 GHz Real-Time Auto-Switching
The Mavic 2 Zoom relies on 2.4 GHz transmission; a signal frequency commonly interrupted by multiple wireless devices. However, by supporting auto-switching between both 2.4 and 5.8 GHz bands, the Mavic 2 can always transmit on the clearest signal – crucial for high-interference environments.
Fast downloading, Low-Latency
OcuSync 2.0 offers a theoretical download speed of up to of 40 Mbps and latency as low as 120 ms, delivering a smoother video feed and overall better control experience.
72 kph Max Speed10 With a redesigned airframe for better performance and aerodynamics, the body drag of the Mavic 2 is 19% less than that of the Mavic Pro when flying at full speed.
Up to 31 Minutes of Flight Time.
Low-Noise Design FOC sinusoidal drive ESCs and lownoise propellers make your flight incredibly quiet, eliminating any worries of disturbing your immediate surroundings.
Omnidirectional Obstacle Sensing
FlightAutonomy has been upgraded to include Omnidirectional Obstacle Sensing, and for the first time in a DJI drone,
obstacle sensors appear on all sides of the aircraft for greater safety during flight.
*FlightAutonomy only provides a certain amount of protection in specific modes and environments and does not compensate for user judgment during flight. Please be aware of your surroundings and App notifications when operating the Mavic 2 to ensure safety.
- Forward – Dual vision system. Precision measurement range of up to 20 meters. Detectable range is 20-40 meters (33% wider than that of the Mavic Pro). Capable of detecting obstacles and timely stops when flying at speeds of up to 50.4 kph (40% more efficient than the Mavic Pro).
- Backward – Dual vision system. Precision measurement range of up to 16 meters. Detectable range is 16-32 meters. Capable of detecting obstacles and timely stops when flying at speeds of up to 43.2 kph.
- Downward – Dual vision system. Precision measurement range of up to 11 meters. Detectable range is 11-22 meters. Infrared sensing system. Precision measurement range of up to 8 meters. Hovers accurately at 50 meters and lands safely by detecting land. Additional Bottom Auxiliary Light for low-light conditions, which assists the downward sensors.
- Upward – Infrared sensing system. Precision measurement range of up to 8 meters.
- Left and Right – Single vision system. Capable of detecting obstacles at speeds of up to 28.8 kph. Improved flight safety in both ActiveTrack and Tripod modes.
- APAS – Users can fly forward and backward with ease avoiding obstacles in front of and behind a subject. APAS will plan an appropriate flight path to avoid these obstacles automatically in flight.
With the improvements of both hardware and software, ActiveTrack 2.0 gives you great tracking experience at a whole new level.
- Precise Recognition – Previously, ActiveTrack mainly relied on 2D images from the main camera to track a subject. Now with ActiveTrack 2.0, the Mavic 2 maps a 3-dimensional view of the surrounding environment through the main camera and forward dual vision sensors for greater recognition and accuracy.
- Trajectory Prediction – Trajectory prediction algorithms help to maintain tracking when your subject is blocked by an obstruction temporarily.
- High-speed Tracking – In open and unobstructed environments, the Mavic 2 can track fast moving subjects like cars and boats at speeds of up to 72 kph11
- Avoiding Obstacles – When tracking a target, the Mavic 2 can plan a flight path on its 3D map. It will read, recognize, and avoid obstacles in front of and behind the aircraft, all while shooting your target without interruption.
The Mavic 2 Zoom supports four panorama modes including Sphere, 180°, Horizontal, and Vertical.
Aerial Photography Made Easy
Various intuitive shooting modes are available for more creative shooting options.
- POI 2.0 – Thanks to vision based distance measurement, flying to the central point before circling is a thing of the past. POI 2.0 increases workflow efficiency like never before, empowering you to circle and shoot subjects with ease.
- Waypoint 2.07 – With Waypoint 2.0, the aircraft no longer needs to fly to an exact shooting spot to mark waypoints. By tapping the desired waypoints and point of interest in the app, you can plan a flight path quickly and save it for your next flight.